Space heaters are the perfect way to heat any home. Space heaters mainly offer a convenient method to heat small-sized rooms. They do provide instant heating in the outdoor areas. These portable models are mainly effective in reducing heating costs.
Different features to look for while buying the space heaters
- The most important factor to consider before buying the space heater is the type of heater someone needs. There are different heater styles. There are primarily three different heating technologies under different electric heaters, mainly convection, radiant, and fan-forced. Convection heaters mainly provide the whole-room heating.
The radiant heaters provide quick heating in small spaces.
The fan-forced heaters mainly use an internal fan that blows across the heating element. The micathermic heaters mainly offer fast and widespread heating while saving space.
- Heating capacity is another important factor to consider at the time of buying the space heater.
- Energy efficiency is another important factor to consider at the time of buying the space heater.
- The safety features are another important aspect to observe. To reduce the risk of fires, many of the manufacturers mainly have provided cool-to-the-touch surfaces and some other advanced safety features for its safe operation. Some of these heaters do have an internal switch that automatically shuts off as soon as the heater’s power is accidentally being knocked down.
Safety features to consider at the time of using the space heaters
- One should keep some of the items like furniture which can burn, bedding, and curtains at a minimum of 3 feet away from the space heater.
- One must have the three-foot “kid-free zone” around the space heaters and not use the space heater in the child’s bedroom.
- The space heaters must be turned off when someone is going to bed or leaving the room.
- The user must not use the space heater in the damp or wet area unless this is specifically designed for that purpose.